Regular Checks & Tests
Maintenance is integral to any competent commercial safety system. So, emergency lighting is a fundamental part of any modern commercial safety plans. Therefore, it must be regularly checked to ensure functionality and legal/manufacturer compliance.
The following test procedures are designed to continually optimise any premises’ safety lighting system. These tests must be carried out on a regular basis with details of each test preserved in an on-site log.
• Visually check tall lamps and bulbs are operating at full capacity. Checking all system healthy indicators on Central Power Supply Systems are illuminated.
• Check that any system fault recorded is given urgent attention as required. Recording all corrective actions in the corresponding log book.
• Examine all luminaires and related emergency lighting equipment is in working condition. Also, all lamps and light controllers are clean, undamaged and not blackened.
• Briefly test all emergency lighting equipment by simulating a failure of the normal lighting supply. Check that all equipment functions correctly.
• Check that once the mains supply is restored, all supply healthy indicators are once again illuminated.
• A full system test should be conducted by a competent service engineer. This includes a full-rated duration test of the system as whole.
• Compliance check of system with the modern requirements of BS EN and BS standards to be analysed and logged.
New or Existing Customers
If you have any questions or would like to request a FREE survey and/or quote then please contact us.